Tuesday 25 October 2011

No one likes a sore throat

Well. There has been progress, and there has been hindrance. In the 'progress' column, I have phoned Piehole and taken their voice evaluation test, so I should be hearing back from them within a few days. I have also drafted up my official proposal for this project, and it shoudl be posted here once it's been approved on Thursday. However, in the 'hindrance' column, I have suddenly come down with a rather nasty cold, which has of course chosen to manifest in the form of a sore throat. I'm doing all I can to rid myself of it, though, because I'd like to start using video logs soon, and practicing my own vocal analysis.

I've also recieved a list of the required inclusions for my production logbook (read: this blog), and so I will include them here. Aims are:
  • Include records of rehearsals and rehearsal activities.
  • Set out the AIMS of your rehearsal process and HOW your methods of rehearsal will enable you to investigate your question.
  • Convey evidence of your broader research in relation to how this directly informs and impacts upon your practical-based studio-work. Documentation of your wider reading and related research and bibliography. All wider material read needs to be referenced, and the type of material stated (i.e. play, article, book, essay, film, etc)
  • The evidence of critically reflective thinking in relation to the creative processes you have undertaken in your practice-based research. 
I think I've established a lot of these in former posts, so it should be a question of continuing to update. I think that's all the news for this week, and I would like to encourage anyone and everyone reading this blog to pass it around. I'm looking for amateur projects to take on, and for credits to add to my resmue. If anyone has a friend looking for a voice actor who will work for nothng but the credit, please send them here!

2 comments:

  1. I'm just starting a cold/sore throat as well. Try our home remedy: juice one lemon, add one teaspoon cinnamon, honey to taste and water to meld. Works great, 2-3 cups per day. My family swears by it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds lovely! I am well versed in the benefits of hot water, lemon and honey for a sore trhoat, but I'll bear that in mmind for future. It took a week, but my cold is almost entirely gone now. Thanks so much for the tip.

    ReplyDelete